Sr. Python Engineer
We’re looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Sr. Python Engineer to join our team.
You will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to support our clients. You will collaborate with other team members to maintain and expand our data infrastructure.
PAIRIN’s mission is to make everyone’s journey more relevant and equitable by unifying workforce and education. PAIRIN’s My Journey platform connects students and clients to services, career guidance, skills development, and training through easy-to-implement personalized workflows. By disrupting government and education through technology designed for and around the user, PAIRIN’s science-based technology and personalized approach to client service ensures not only the success of our clients’ programs, but also the success of people in their communities who benefit most from skills-based development and career services.
This position will ideally be hybrid based in our Denver office, but we will also consider a remote role for the right person. The initial base salary range for this position is $120,000 to $180,000. Plus, generous stock options and an annual performance-based bonus.
Why work for us?
- Competitive salary, professional development budget, and stock options
- Excellent healthcare, vision, and dental insurance, including 100% of individual and partial family premium covered by employer
- Flexible work hours and location
- Unlimited PTO
- Support for whatever makes you most effective at doing your job
- We have a cool, dog-friendly office space in Denver’s RiNo District, with a fun team and lots of amenities
Recognized as a growing company:
- 2022 Best Places To Work for Small Colorado Companies (BuiltIn)
- 2021 EdTech Breakthrough Award for College Prep Company of the Year
- 2021, 2019 and 2018 Outside’s 50 Best Places to Work (and honorable mention in 2020)
- 2019 Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work (#2 in Tech)
- 2017 Emerging Tech Company of the Year (Apex Awards), 2017 Colorado Companies to Watch (CCTW), and 2017 Denver Startup of the Year (Denver Chamber of Commerce)
- Excited about data and finding ways to use data to show the impact of our platform
- Desire to be a leader in a rapidly growing team of engineers and work closely with a Product Manager to deliver value to users
- Passion for technology and cutting-edge industry trends
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Bringing fresh ideas and a great attitude to the team
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Prepared to accept critical feedback and continue to improve your engineering skills
- Willingness to develop technical and business knowledge by seizing opportunities to learn
- Open to working in a dog friendly environment
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own and optimize the data architecture to address the data needs of our rapidly-growing business
- Join a group of passionate people committed to delivering “happiness” to our users and to each other
- Partner with data scientists, sales, marketing, operation, and product teams to build and deploy machine learning models that unlock growth
- Build custom integrations between cloud-based systems using APIs
- Write complex and efficient queries to transform raw data sources into easily accessible
- models by coding across several languages such as Java, Python, and SQL
- Architect, build, and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to the team
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines you create
Must have 5+ years of experience with / working with(in):
- Python development, in a data-centric role
- A data centric stack (Pandas (critical), Numpy, SQL, Boto3)
- Relational databases, MySQL (ideally) or Postgres
- Linux environments (AWS Linux 2, Ubuntu, and shell scripting)
- An AWS environment with demonstrable skills with their CLI tools, Boto3 and (ideally) familiarity with S3, RDS, ECS (Fargate), MWAA (Airflow), SQS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch
- CI/CD with GitHub actions or similar, PyTest or similar, automating docker builds and tests
- Creating data infrastructure technologies from scratch using the right tools for the job
- Building out data pipelines, efficient ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
- Solving complex data processing and storage challenges through scalable, fault-tolerant architecture
Very Nice to have experience with:
- Apache Airflow
- SQLAlchemy / ORM
- FastAPI / API development in general
- the Python typing system, and tools like MyPy and Pandera
- dashboarding tools, e.g. Tableau or similar
- AWS CDK for architecture automation
- Working with cross-functional teams, including Product and Design
Nice to have knowledge of:
How to apply
- Please follow this link to take the PAIRIN survey and upload your resume. Please opt in to complete the second part of the survey (which says it’s optional) where we you describe how you would like to be. This will help us understand your personal and professional development areas.
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.