Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, customer-focused Software Engineer to join our team.
You will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to support our clients. You will collaborate with other team members to maintain and expand our data infrastructure.
PAIRIN’s mission is to make everyone’s journey more relevant and equitable by unifying workforce and education. PAIRIN’s My Journey platform connects students and clients to services, career guidance, skills development, and training through easy-to-implement personalized workflows. By disrupting government and education through technology designed for and around the user, PAIRIN’s science-based technology and personalized approach to client service ensures not only the success of our clients’ programs, but also the success of people in their communities who benefit most from skills-based development and career services.
This position will ideally be hybrid based in our Denver office, but we will also consider a remote role for the right person. The initial base salary range for this position is $120,000 to $160,000. Plus, generous stock options and an annual performance-based bonus.
Why work for us?
- Competitive salary, professional development budget, and stock options
- Excellent healthcare, vision, and dental insurance, including 100% of individual and partial family premium covered by employer
- Flexible work hours and location
- Unlimited PTO
- Support for whatever makes you most effective at doing your job
- We have a cool, dog-friendly office space in Denver’s RiNo District, with a fun team and lots of amenities
Recognized as a growing company:
- 2022 Best Places To Work for Small Colorado Companies (BuiltIn)
- 2021 EdTech Breakthrough Award for College Prep Company of the Year
- 2021, 2019 and 2018 Outside’s 50 Best Places to Work (and honorable mention in 2020)
- 2019 Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work (#2 in Tech)
- 2017 Emerging Tech Company of the Year (Apex Awards), 2017 Colorado Companies to Watch (CCTW), and 2017 Denver Startup of the Year (Denver Chamber of Commerce)
- Desire to be a leader in a growing team of engineers and work closely with a Product Manager to deliver value to users
- Passion for technology and cutting-edge industry trends
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Bringing fresh ideas and a great attitude to the team
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Prepared to accept critical feedback and continue to improve your engineering skills
- Willingness to develop technical and business knowledge by seizing opportunities to learn
- Open to working in a dog friendly environment
- Must reside in the United States
- Must be eligible to work in the United States, and do not need visa sponsorship (No visa sponsorship will be provided for this role)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand system architecture details and coding standards
- Design, implement, and support scalable solutions to address a variety of business challenges
- Provide operational support for infrastructure
- Encourage consistent improvement in processes and procedures
- Maintain and implement application configuration and security standards
- Identify ways to improve stability, scalability, and performance
- Participates in code reviews to ensure quality and standards are met
Communication and Collaboration
- Partners with Product and Design to understand requirements
- Builds relationships cross-functionally, with other Engineering and Support teams, and with senior engineers
- Meet with users across the business to understand their workflows, building the right solutions to enhance their technology experience
- 5 or more years of relevant software engineering experience
- Experience with AWS and Heroku
- Experience implementing large, scalable web applications and have an appreciation for clean, elegant and simple code
- Solid understanding of web application security and best practices
- Understand the value and nuances of Test Driven Development
- Solid communication & collaboration skills
- Comfortable working with remote teams, using Github/Slack/Meet to collaborate
- Bonus Points: Experience with Agile Scrum best practices
How to apply
- Please follow this link to take the PAIRIN survey and upload your resume. Please opt in to complete the second part of the survey (which says it’s optional) where we you describe how you would like to be. This will help us understand your personal and professional development areas.
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.