RFP & Proposal Manager
We’re looking for an energetic and enthusiastic RFP and Proposal Manager to join our team.
This position will work closely with our CEO and COO, in a team environment, collaborating across sales, marketing, customer success, product, engineering, and vendor partners to drive proposal output, increase revenue, win new customers, and grow existing customer accounts.
PAIRIN’s mission is to make everyone’s journey more relevant and equitable by unifying workforce and education. PAIRIN’s My Journey platform connects students and clients to services, career guidance, skills development, and training through easy-to-implement personalized workflows. By disrupting government and education through technology designed for and around the user, PAIRIN’s science-based technology and personalized approach to client service ensures not only the success of our clients’ programs, but also the success of people in their communities who benefit most from skills-based development and career services.
Why work for us?
- Competitive salary, professional development budget, and stock options
- Excellent healthcare, vision, and dental insurance, including 100% of individual and partial family premium covered by employer
- Flexible work hours and location
- Unlimited PTO
- TONS of growth opportunity – we are growing fast!
- Support for whatever makes you most effective at doing your job
- We have a cool, dog-friendly office space in Denver’s RiNo District, with a fun team and lots of amenities, walkable to RiNo’s great restaurants, coffee shops, and breweries
Recognized as a growing company:
- 2022 Best Places To Work for Small Colorado Companies (BuiltIn)
- 2021 EdTech Breakthrough Award for College Prep Company of the Year
- 2021, 2019 and 2018 Outside’s 50 Best Places to Work (and honorable mention in 2020)
- 2019 Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work (#2 in Tech)
- 2017 Emerging Tech Company of the Year (Apex Awards), 2017 Colorado Companies to Watch (CCTW), and 2017 Denver Startup of the Year (Denver Chamber of Commerce)
About the Job
We sell complex enterprise software to large, often bureaucratic organizations, with our eye on the positive impact we can help those organizations create for those most in need. Our sales processes have MANY moving parts. You will be our key team member responsible for organizing those moving parts to create professional, organized, detail-oriented, and competitive proposals. You will lead the team, organizing all contributors to the sales process including our CEO and COO, our leaders of Customer Success, Product, and Marketing, and our vendor and non-profit partners.
Initially, you will be responsible for:
- Running and continuously improving our procurement response and grant application processes
- Monitor state, municipal, K12 district, and postsecondary procurements
- Recommend appropriate procurements to the team
- Draft proposals
- Project manage our team to meet procurement deadlines
- Research prospect environment to tailor RFP to prospect needs
- Track procurement opportunities in Salesforce
- Build upon our content library
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Facilitate smooth sales processes
- Research prospect environment to tailor team pitch
- Manage our preparation for sales calls including drafting presentations, iterating on them with the team, prepping team members, and organizing client pre-reads
- Join our CEO, COO and other executives on sales calls to take notes and follow-up items
- Lead and track follow-up items to completion
- Track opportunities and create and run regular dashboards and status reports in Salesforce
- Creatively improve our sales processes
- Spot opportunities to automate the process
- Create videos or other ways to serve prospects asynchronously
- Identify partnership opportunities and improve our partner management process
Our RFP cycle is cyclical, and we are growing extremely fast, so you will have a huge opportunity to be scrappy, identify other ways to add value, and tackle the most important opportunity, which will likely be very different each day. You will report to our COO.
You have a passion for technology and for helping people connect to the best education and job opportunities for their future. You have experience with federal, state, or local government, workforce development, K12, and/or higher education procurement and grant application processes. You’ve proven you can manage cross-functional project teams to create deliverables on tight timeframes.
You are organized, energetic, resilient, persistent, adaptable, self-motivated, empathetic, entrepreneurial, tech savvy, a continuous learner, and an exceptional communicator. You have extraordinary prioritization and time management skills and a track record of success in project management and/or sales support. You actively seek out and learn from developmental feedback.
We will consider and adjust the level of responsibility and compensation for exceptional candidates with different levels of seniority and experience.
Extra credit for:
- Strong analytical skills (e.g., power user of Excel, Google Sheets)
- Mac and Google drive experience
- Salesforce experience / expertise
- Technical assistance experience with grantors or researcher / evaluators
How to apply
Follow this link to take the PAIRIN survey and upload your resume. Please complete the second half of the survey, so we will know how to best invest in your personal and professional development.
Base Salary Range: $60K – $90K
Plus, generous stock options and an annual performance-based bonus.