We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced Rails developer to join our engineering team. You will be working with other engineers to expand our decentralized Rails platform that supports modular front end applications and public APIs. You will also be working in a team oriented environment, collaborating with both business and engineering.
PAIRIN is a social enterprise company whose mission is to make education relevant and hiring equitable. The PAIRIN team believes that by providing the right data, tools, and resources, we can remove the barriers that prevent people and organizations from reaching their maximum potential.
Why come work for us?
- Recognized startup by the Denver business community.
- 2017 Emerging Tech Company of the Year (Apex Awards)
- 2017 Colorado Companies to Watch (CCTW)
- 2017 Denver Startup of the Year (Denver Chamber of Commerce)
- We have a cool office in the RiNo District and a fun team!
- Competitive salary and paid training.
- Excellent healthcare, vision, and dental insurance, including 100% of individual and partial family. premium covered by employer, as well as 401K benefits.
- Flexible work hours, location and vacation (mandatory minimum two weeks annually).
- Support for whatever makes you most effective at doing your job.
- Excited about evolving a decentralized Rails platform to support a modular React front end.
- Passion for technology and cutting-edge industry trends.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Bringing fresh ideas and a great attitude to the team!
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excited about mentoring more junior developers.
- Prepared to accept critical feedback and continue to improve your development skills.
- Willingness to develop technical and business knowledge by seizing every opportunity to learn.
- Open to working in a dog friendly environment.
Experience Requirements Include
- 5 or more years experience.
- Experience working with git source control in a team.
- Experience working with large, distributed, Rails applications.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Solid understanding of object oriented design and programming skills.
- Developing secure and public REST APIs.
- Deep experience working with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience working with GraphQL (nice to have).
How to apply
- Please follow this link to take the PAIRIN survey and upload your resume.
- The PAIRIN survey will assess your soft skills, your behaviors and mindsets.
- Allow for 20 to 30 minutes to complete the survey in a distraction free environment.
- Only part 1 of the survey is required, but part 2 will give us deeper insights about your ideal self.
- After you complete the survey, we will follow up with a code challenge.